It´s been a long while since my last update here. That´s because I´ve been working hard on my IDF Young Leaders project to strengthen World Diabetes Day message.
This project meant to create a task force we called Blue Power and it put together people who could use it´s willpower and network to make innovative activities to call for attention, educate and raise awareness on diabetes.
The actions planned to November involved:
- Pin an american football team with the Blue Circle during their November games
- Conduct educational activities with the municipality of my city, initiating a youth support group where people receive their medication through.
- Organize a Blue Bike Tour around São Paulo city with people with diabetes, family&friends, health professionals, students and volunteers.
- Encourage/Organize flashmobs
- Social Media campaign during all November
- Put diabetes on Media
On the next post I´ll update you with what happened, what didn´t happened, what did I learn and photos of the events.
Talk to you soon!